Dentists on Vincent Tips: Top 4 Amazing Benefits of Brushing & Flossing
Proper brushing and flossing as part of your daily oral care routine are the important components in keeping your teeth plaque-free – and protecting your teeth and gums for a lifetime.
Check out Leederville Dentist Tips: Top 4 Amazing Benefits of Brushing & Flossing below.
#1 Whiter Teeth and Brighter Smile!
Every day, plaque build-up leads to tartar and stains.
Proper brushing and flossing can remove plaque before it hardens to tartar, keeping your smile healthy and bright!
#2 Fresh Breath!
No one loves bad breath!
Oral bacteria can produce an embarrassing and unhealthy odour.
Brushing and flossing help fight the bacteria that cause bad breath and tooth decay!
#3 Healthy, Firm Gums!
Brushing cleans teeth, gums, and where they meet.
Flossing cleans between and underneath the surfaces of the teeth and gums.
Unhealthy gums can cause gum disease with severe problems in your mouth and body.
#4 Save Money!
Proper dental care saves money.
Good dental habits help prevent problems that may require extra visits to your dentist.
With proper at-home dental care, you reduce the cost of dental treatments!
Brushing and Flossing: The Essentials in Oral Health
Brush your teeth twice a day using a toothbrush with soft bristles and fluoride toothpaste.
The size and shape of your brush must fit your mouth to be able to reach all areas easily.
Change your toothbrush once every three or four months, or sooner if the bristles are worn or frayed.
How to brush your teeth properly
- Position your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against your gums.
- Move your brush back and forth gently.
- Brush all the surfaces of the teeth.
- Tilt the brush vertically and make gentle strokes in cleaning the inner surfaces of the front teeth.
Brushing your teeth is just one of the few important steps of a proper oral care routine. Do not forget to:
- Clean between teeth daily once a day. Tooth decay-causing bacteria remain between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. This helps remove plaque and food debris from teeth and gumline.
- Maintain a balanced diet. Limit the intake of sugary beverages and snacks.
- See your Leederville dentist regularly for prevention and treatment of oral disease.
Flossing should be a required part of your daily routine. While brushing can help erode the bacteria on some of your teeth, some areas will be missed if you don’t floss.
How to floss properly
To receive maximum benefits from flossing, here’s what you can do:
- Start with about 18 inches of floss, wind most of the floss around each middle finger. Leave an inch or two of floss to work with.
- Hold the floss taut between your thumbs and index fingers. Slide it gently up-and-down between your teeth.
- Curve the floss around the base of each tooth, making sure you go underneath the gumline. Never snap or force the floss. This may cut or bruise fragile gum tissues.
- Use a new section as you move from each tooth.
- Use the same motion to bring the floss up and away from the teeth.
Brushing and flossing help keep your smile beautiful, save money, and even save your life!
Experience fresher breath, healthier gums, and stronger teeth at Dentists on Vincent!
A Brighter Dental Experience in Leederville
Dentists on Vincent offers a friendly environment in a lovely heritage building which doesn’t feel like you’re at the dentist!
Our dental practice offers a child-friendly environment as we address their apprehension towards treatment.
We take the time to explain to you all of your options and how we can provide you with a smile you can be proud of.
Dr Lamattina is very gentle, and your mouth will feel great and look fantastic.
We offer convenient times to come in and get your treatment completed, and it’s easy to find us just off the freeway.
Don’t put it off any longer, call us now for a consultation appointment and see what we can do to give you a feeling of confidence and esteem in yourself.
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent St in Leederville.
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.
Tue: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM (by appointment)