Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Children’s Dentistry Leederville
Children’s dentistry provides primary and advanced oral health care for children, from infancy through adolescence, and patients with special health care needs.
Our Leederville dentist has the experience and talent to take care of a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of their life.
Children begin to get their baby (temporary) teeth during their first six months. By age 6 or 7, they start to lose their primary teeth, which are then replaced by permanent teeth.
Without proper dental care or with abuse, children face possible oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Today, early childhood dental caries—an infectious disease—is five times more common in children than asthma and seven times more common than hay fever.
What Kid’s Dentists in Leederville Do
Kid’s dentists provide comprehensive oral health care to young patients, that includes the following:
- Infant oral health examinations, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including professional cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet information
- Habit counselling (pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early orthodontic assessment
- Repair of cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions related to diseases like diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions such as ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, and periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Taking your Child to the Dentist
When visiting the dentist, be positive and make the trip enjoyable. This will stop your child from thinking negatively about future dental visits.
Bring your child for regular dental check-ups as recommended by your dentist.
Basic Toothbrushing Tips for Parents
- Brush your child’s teeth for about two minutes at least twice a day: once just before bedtime and at least once at another time during the day.
- Let them spit out excess toothpaste, but don’t rinse with water. Rinsing with water after brushing the teeth will wash away the fluoride and make brushing less effective.
- Guide your child while brushing until he/she is seven or eight years, either by brushing their teeth yourself or, if your child can already brush their own teeth, by watching them do it on their own. From the age of seven or eight, they should be able to brush alone, but it’s still best to watch them to make sure they brush properly and for about two minutes.
Children’s Dentistry in Leederville
Children’s dentistry services offered at Dentists on Vincent deliver quality care to our young patients, whether they come in for a regular check-up or it’s a dental emergency.
CHILD DENTAL BENEFITS SCHEDULE IN LEEDERVILLE
Bulk Bill for children who are eligible for MEDICARE CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE
Up to $1000 worth of dental treatments over two years
Children’s Dentistry in Leederville
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
Are baby teeth really important to my child?
How often should my child see a paediatric dentist?
When should my child start using toothpaste, and how much should we use?
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.
Tue: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM