Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Why Practice Good Oral Hygiene?
Good oral hygiene helps prevent a wide range of dental problems such as tooth decay, gum disease and even teeth erosion.
While brushing in the morning and night is a great start, to be really effective, a little more commitment is needed.
Here are some simple oral hygiene tips that will help keep your pearly whites in top condition.
- Position the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short, circular strokes.
- Brush the outer, inner, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Using the tip of your toothbrush, brush the insides of the front teeth with a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Do not forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Use about 18 inches of floss and wind it around the middle fingers of each hand. Hold the floss securely between your thumbs and index fingers.
- Glide the floss between your teeth with a gentle rubbing motion.
- When the floss reaches the gum line, form it into a C shape against the tooth. Gently glide it between the gum and the tooth.
- Slide the floss back toward the contact point and move the floss up or down the other side, following the shape of the tooth.
- Gently rub the side of the tooth, working the floss away from the gum with up-and-down motions.
- Repeat this method on the rest of your teeth.
Other Oral Health Care Tips
Also, fight the temptation of using toothpicks or other objects that could injure your gums and allow bacteria to thrive. If you smoke, try to quit. Using tobacco products increases your risk of many oral diseases, including gum disease and tooth loss.
Cracking nuts, ripping open packages, or even uncapping a bottle with your teeth leaves them at high risk of chipping or breaking. Remember, do not use your teeth outside their normal functions.
Visit your Leederville dentist for a regular check-up, as often as your dentist advises; and also, whenever you spot any problems, such as a toothache or bleeding gums.
Oral Hygiene Practices at Dentists on Vincent
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
What are the most common oral health problems, and how can they be prevented?
How often should I visit a dentist?
How often should I change my toothbrush?
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.