Sensitive Teeth Treatment
Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Sensitive Teeth Treatment Leederville
If you have sensitive teeth, you won’t be able to eat what you want.
Tooth sensitivity is a common problem that comes with discomfort or pain when consuming certain foods and beverages and exposed to extreme temperatures.
The pain associated with sensitivity is often sharp and sudden, and often recurring.
Fortunately, sensitive teeth can be treated. Read on to learn more.
Causes of Teeth Sensitivity
Improper brushing techniques
Brushing your teeth way too hard may wear away your tooth enamel.
If you brush faster than you floss, you may need to change that to save your tooth enamel.
Poor oral hygiene routine
Failing to perform a proper oral hygiene routine promotes plaque build-up along the gumline to the point that only a professional scale and clean from your dentist can remove it.
You may not notice your gums begin moving away from your teeth. If this happens, you are exposing the sensitive nerves in the tooth’s root.
Frequent consumption of bitter or sour foods and beverages could contribute to wearing away the tooth enamel.
Check your diet for acidic foods and drinks, limit your consumption, drink with a straw, and rinse your mouth with water right after.
Sugary treats like candies and cakes can contribute to bacteria growth, leading to eroded gums that expose the sensitive areas of teeth.
Treatment for Sensitive Teeth
Teeth sensitivity do not really fade away; the symptoms may tame down or even seem to go away for a while.
Unless the cause of teeth sensitivity is removed, it will keep coming back.
Here are home treatments suggested by your Leederville dentist:
- Desensitising toothpaste. There are toothpastes made for sensitive teeth. To make sure, call or see your Leederville dentist and find out which product may work best for you.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush with a small head.
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks.
- Use a fluoride-containing mouthwash daily.
- Consider wearing a protective mouthguard if you engage in contact sports and an occlusal splint if you grind your teeth at night.
The following are dental procedures that may reduce the effects of tooth sensitivity:
- Dental bonding, crowns or inlays can fix flaws or decay-causing sensitivity
- Fluoride gel or varnish
- A surgical gum graft can protect the tooth root and reduce sensitivity if the gum tissue has receded
- Root canal therapy is the last-resort treatment for serious tooth sensitivity that has not been helped by other methods
Sensitive Teeth Treatment in Leederville
At Dentists on Vincent, we deliver safe and effective teeth and jaw care. We provide custom-made treatments tailored just for you!
At Dentists on Vincent, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable.
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
How can I relieve my sensitive teeth?
- Desensitising toothpaste (There are several brands of toothpaste available for the sensitive teeth, to make a sure call or see your Leederville dentist and find what product works for you).
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Avoid highly acidic foods
- Use a fluoridated mouthwash daily.
- Avoid teeth grinding. Consider getting a mouthguard.
Does mouthwash help sensitive teeth?
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.
Tue: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM (by appointment)