Inlays and Onlays
Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Inlays and Onlays Leederville
Dental restorations save your teeth from developing damages that can affect your oral health. Inlays and onlays replace lost or damaged tooth parts with artificial materials that have biological, physical, and functional characteristics like that of natural teeth.
Inlays are used to replace a small amount of tooth structure loss due to decay. Inlays can fit inside the tooth.
Onlays also fit inside the tooth but may extend to the chewing surface of a back tooth to replace one or more cusps.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
Here are the benefits of having inlays and onlays:
- Minimal removal of enamel is required
- They last longer than the other restorations like dental fillings
- They do not expand and move around not like fillings when exposed to temperature changes
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure
Receiving inlays and/or onlays for your tooth usually takes two dental appointments.
- Once your Leederville dentist has assessed that you are qualified for the treatment, the affected tooth is then prepared.
- The affected parts of the tooth are removed, and the tooth is properly cleaned.
- Your Leederville dentist takes impressions of the tooth, which are sent to a dental laboratory for fabrication.
- A temporary restoration is placed to protect the tooth while your inlay/onlay is being manufactured.
- During your next appointment, the finished direct composite resin is bonded and fitted into place.
Inlays and Onlays in Leederville
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
What are inlays and onlays?
Are inlays and onlays safe?
Do inlays and onlays need special care?
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.
Tue: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM