Soft Tissues Injuries in the Mouth
Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Common Causes of Soft Tissue Injuries in the Mouth
- Accidentally biting down on your lip
- Falling on your face/mouth area
- Chewing on very hard objects
- Contact during sports and other activities
- Drinking too hot drinks
- Vehicular accidents
Common injuries to the soft tissues in the mouth are:
Soft Tissue Injuries: What to do?
The mouth may seem quite bloody after the injury, but that appearance often results from blood mixing with saliva. If there is an open wound, bleeding can usually be stopped by applying pressure on the site with damp gauze or a wet tea bag. If bleeding can’t be stopped within 10 or 15 minutes, or if there is severe pain or disorientation, go to an emergency room at once.
Otherwise, schedule an appointment to see a dentist within six hours of the injury for evaluation and treatment.
Treatment at Dentists on Vincent
Soft Tissues Injuries in the Mouth Treatment in Leederville
At Dentists on Vincent, we are here to help you, any time, any day. When your dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can to make sure that you’re treated immediately.
While dental emergencies are rare, they can still happen, and it’s important to know how to take care of your teeth no matter what happens.
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
I have an injury in my mouth, how soon should I see a dentist?
What can I do to prepare for dental emergencies?
- Your Leederville dentist’s phone numbers (home and office)
- Small container with lid
- Ibuprofen (Not aspirin. Aspirin may cause excessive bleeding in a dental emergency)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.