Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Customised mouthguards in Leederville are individually designed and made in a dental office or a laboratory.
First, your Leederville dentist will make an impression of your teeth, and a mouthguard is then moulded based on the model.
Due to the use of special materials and because of the extra time and work involved, a customised mouthguard is more costly than the other types, but it provides the most convenience and protection.
Generally, mouthguards cover only your upper teeth, but in some instances, your dentist will make a mouthguard for the lower teeth.
Your dentist can recommend the best mouthguard for you. An effective mouthguard should be comfortable, damage-resistant, durable, easy to clean, and should not restrict your breathing or speech.
Who needs a mouthguard?
However, even those participating in non-contact sports like gymnastics and any recreational activity like skateboarding and mountain biking that might pose any risk of injury to the mouth would benefit from wearing a protective mouthguard.
Adults and children who grind their teeth at night should wear a night splint made to prevent tooth damage.
Why use a mouthguard when playing sports?
Because accidents can happen anytime, the advantage of using a mouthguard during sports is that it can help decrease the risk of mouth-related injuries.
Mouthguards also help you avoid damaged teeth, nerve damage to a tooth, or even tooth loss.
At-home Care for Mouthguards
To care for your mouthguard:
- Wash the mouthguard with cold water or with a mouthrinse before and after each use or clean it with mild soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Rinse well.
- Put the mouthguard in a firm, perforated container to store or transport it. This allows air circulation and protects it from damage. If the mouthguard is acrylic, keep it in fresh, clean water.
- Protect the mouthguard from extreme temperatures – such as hot water, hot surfaces, or direct sunlight – to minimise distortion.
- Check the mouthguard occasionally for general wear. If you find holes or tears in it or if it loosens or causes discomfort, replace it immediately.
- Bring the mouthguard to each routinely scheduled dental visit to have your dentist examine it.
Mouthguards in Leederville
Mouthguards help prevent trauma-related injuries to the mouth. At Dentists on Vincent, we provide customised mouthguards that fit you perfectly!
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
Mouthguards in Leederville
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
What is a mouthguard?
Why should I wear a mouthguard?
Do mouthguards prevent injuries?
Mouthguards are effective in moving the soft tissues in the oral cavity away from the teeth, preventing lacerations and bruising of the lips and cheeks.
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.
Tue: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM (by appointment)