Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
About a Knocked-Out Tooth
If a tooth is knocked out, it requires urgent treatment. If it’s a permanent tooth, try replanting it in its socket and go straight to your Leederville dentist.
Don’t try to reimplant a knocked-out baby tooth – take your child to see a dentist immediately.
If you are unable to put an adult tooth back into its socket, place it in milk and contact your Leederville dentist. If you are not sure if it’s broken or knocked out, it is better to seek advice.
Causes of a Knocked-Out Tooth
- Accidental falls
- Sports-related trauma
- Car accidents
- Biting on hard food or objects
Knocked-out Adult Tooth
While waiting to see your dentist:
- handle the tooth by its crown (not the roots)
- make sure the root is free from dirt – rinse briefly under clean water if necessary
- gently push the tooth back into its socket
- hold the tooth in place by gently biting on a piece of clean cloth
- see your Leederville dentist as soon as you can.
If the tooth cannot be replanted into its socket:
- soak the tooth in milk until it can be replanted by the dentist
- if milk is not available, store it under the lip of the injured person – taking care that they don’t swallow it
- see your Leederville dentist as soon as possible.
- scrub the root of the knocked-out tooth
- wrap the tooth in a dry tissue.
Knocked-out Baby Tooth
Seek advice and treatment from your dentist.
Knocked-Out Tooth Prevention
Follow these tips to prevent a broken or knocked-out tooth:
- Wear a mouthguard when playing any contact sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid fights that may cause blows to the face.
- Avoid biting on hard foods, such as bones, stale bread, tough bagels and unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Always wear a seatbelt.
Knocked-Out Tooth in Leederville
At Dentists on Vincent, we are here to help you, any time, any day. When your child’s dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can to make sure that he/she is treated immediately.
While dental emergencies are rare, they can still happen, especially to children, and it’s important to know how to take care of their teeth no matter what happens.
Dentists on Vincent serves local communities in Leederville, West Leederville, Northbridge, North Perth, Wembley, Floreat, Mount Hawthorn, Subiaco, Menora, Coolbinia, and Jolimont.
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
How soon should I see a dentist?
What can I do to be prepared?
- Your Leederville dentist’s phone numbers (home and office)
- Small container with lid
- Ibuprofen (Not aspirin. Aspirin may cause excessive bleeding in a dental emergency)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.