Call The Office
(08) 9242 4400
322 Vincent St, Leederville
Why do teeth need to be filled?
Tooth decay is one of the most common dental problems in the world. Modern advancements in dentistry have made it possible for patients to enjoy more aesthetically pleasing filling options that include tooth-coloured or white restorations.
White fillings are most commonly chosen for their appearance that resembles natural teeth. The composite materials used in today’s tooth-coloured fillings also offer superior strength compared to earlier versions. You can expect better bonding properties that hold firmly to your existing tooth structure, and a more direct procedure.
The Tooth Filling Procedure
The larger the space being filled, the longer it will take, but most procedures are completed in an hour. Once completed, the filling will be shaped to suit your bite, then polished. The filling should last for several years. It will discolour as normal teeth would from drinking caffeine, red wine, tea, or other foods and drinks that stain teeth.
Regular dental check-ups can prolong the life of your white filling and keep it invisible and clean for a whiter and better smile.
At-home Care for White Fillings
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush at least two times a day with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Floss or use interedental brushes at least once a day
- Limit sugary, sticky foods
- Gargle with an alcohol-free mouthrinse to lessen oral bacteria
- Avoid using tobacco products
- Limit consumption of staining foods and beverages
- Drink water instead of acidic drinks
- Avoid biting down and chewing hard foods
- See your Leederville dentist at least annually for check-ups and cleanings, and more often if recommended by your dentist
White Fillings at Dentists on Vincent
Visit your Leederville dentist today!
We are located at 322 Vincent Street in Leederville.
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.