National Children’s Week at Dentists on Vincent
In 2021, Children’s Week is from 23-31 October. It’s a great time to reinforce the importance of proper oral health care with your child.
During this event, your Leederville dentist aims to reinforce the importance of proper oral health care in children.
Establishing good habits while your child is young will help them learn to properly take care of their mouths and may even help you step up your home care routine as you set an excellent example for your little ones.
Optimal Oral Health for Children
During childhood, healthy oral care habits lay the groundwork for children to carry into their teens and adult years.
Here are some ways to not only give them the best care as babies but to help them build healthy habits as children and teens:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Leederville dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Dentists on Vincent Can Help
Dentists on Vincent offers a friendly environment in a lovely heritage building that doesn’t feel like you’re at the dentist!
Our dental practice offers a child-friendly environment as we address their apprehension towards treatment.
We take the time to explain all of your options and how we can provide you with a smile you can be proud of.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Leederville
Up to $1,095 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 322 Vincent St in Leederville.
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa Card, HICAPS and All Major Health Funds.
Tue: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM (by appointment)